- Confirm location of Badge and pre-paid event tickets
- Good shoes for the con
- General Idea for clothes for con
- Transportation locked in
- Hotel room or over-night arrangements locked in
- Confirm with travel buddies all if still set
- Begin discussion of snacks/drinks for trip
- Check Event List for newly opened events
Not particularly long, and definitely not in a sensible order, but it is a general list of things I have found is good to confirm/look into.
Most important is the badge. By now, if you had the badge mailed to you, you should have it. If not, you need to report it lost/stolen ASAP if you want to have one waiting for you at Will Call. If you do have to pick up your badge at Will Call I recommend after midnight on Wednesday, or before 7 on Thursday. Lines get pretty nuts the first day, though they're still better than for folks who are looking to buy.
I'll have more on last minute GenCon prep in the coming week, mixed in with normal updates. For now, are you going? If so, what are you looking forward to the most?