So after my first day on my first trip to GenCon what do I think?
- Will Call lines are huge, do whatever you have to to get your badge mailed to you before hand (so glad I did this)
- The Day 1 Vendor Room rush is real. Huge crowds at every door started gathering at 8:05am and hit critical mass before the Vendor Room opened. Initial lines were huge.
- Good shoes are a must
- If you're fat and/or sedentary, you should walk at least a few weeks before GenCon to build up some stamina
Food and Drink
- There are Vending Machines around the convention center but haven't used one. They're fairly few and far between all things considered
- I've only see one in Center food place so far.
- The food trucks sell out fairly fast
- It is super easy to lose track of time and miss eating
- GiGi's Strawberry Shortcake cupcakes are AMAZING (also, unsure if guy who served me was being flirty or just super nice/joking. He was pleasant enough anyhow :) )
- The Con staff is super nice but also good at their jobs. I've been stopped before going into the Exhibit and Vendor rooms several times because my tag had flipped to hide the part that shows it is for this year's GenCon
- CosPlayers are not as plentiful as in some SDCC or PAX picture events, but they are here and the costumes have all be high quality so far.
- Favorite Cosplay so far was a girl as Carmen Sandiego, this is biased though because I found it funny that she was made she couldn't find a friend who had something of hers. The irony was amusing.
- The Vendor staff are also super nice.
- I met a couple nice folks from the True Dungeon at a bar after the con, they seem nice too.
- Basically, everyone is nice so far.
- Oh, and Michael Stackpole is awesome.
Things To Do
- I have yet to play an event game so far, but they are going on
- I've played several demo games
- You can kill a LOT of time doing demos in the vendor room
Anyhow, I'm retiring to the hotel pool for my legs and then sleeping to get started early tomorrow. I originally had no plans for tomorrow, now there's 5 hours worth of stuff I want to go to at the very least. I'm also hoping to finally get some gaming in!
Post a Comment